I was tagged by Literary Elephant for this fun award! I was tagged about a week ago and found the perfect spot to fit this post in! I love doing these sort of things, they are so much fun and I learn so much about everyone!!!
What’s the Mystery Blogger Award?
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
The original creation post comes from Okoto Enigma’s Blog!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Answer the 5 questions you were asked
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Questions to Answer
- What’s your favorite place that you’ve ever visited? – Tough question. I have 2. My zen place, my most favorite place in the world is York Beach, Maine. I started going there as a baby and spent many summers there. It bums me out that I live so far away from it now. It is just a special, special place for me. On the flip side, one of my favorite places I have been to that I would LOVE to go back to is…Barcelona, Spain! We stopped here on our family trip last summer and I just, I could have spent a solid week here and still needed more time. It is the coolest place to go explore!
- Do the number of bookshelves that you use hold all of the books that you own and/or what do you do with overflow books? – I don’t actually own any bookshelves. *gasp* The majority of my books go in a stand we have from IKEA in our living room. My books are in here along with my kids’ books. I am overflowing so I put books in my entertainment center and then in drawers of a dresser too. I have little hiding spots all over the place, haha. I really should put some shelves in my kids’ rooms to move their books out and then I’m pretty sure I could fit all the physical books I own. I don’t keep my books, I share them with my “reading circle” and then donate them to a Little Free Library when I’m done, hence why this stand works!
- Which book-to-film adaptation do you wish would be redone? – This is seriously one of the best and hardest questions…I tend to read a book with the purpose of watching the movie and then fall in love with the book and refuse to watch the movie, haha. I do wish they would remake The Kissing Booth. It upset so much how they changed the main character (from a popular, everyone loves her girl to a one friend, loner loser girl). I didn’t care for the book and then I watched the movie and got so angry that it made me LOVE the book, haha. Go figure!
- Name a story you loved as a child/teen that never gets old. – The Witch Of Blackbird Pond. I even made up a little jingle with the title and still sing it from time to time, haha. I just remember loving this book to pieces.
- [weird question] Which of your favorite characters would win a karaoke contest, and with what song? – You know who would? Eleanor Oliphant because Raymond would coach her and she just wouldn’t care. I have a lot of faith in my girl. She would rock “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga too. I know I’d be there cheering for her!
- I have jumped out of an airplane. The most exhilarating moment was that free fall. The leisurely glide down to the ground did nothing for me, haha. My aunt and I always try to find something adventurous to do for our birthdays. We have jumped off a building before too!
- I have 2 master’s degrees. I am very passionate about special education and the kids I teach and I hope one day to make some headway and get some changes rolling for the most severe population that often gets neglected!
- I like to go fishing. I never fished until a few years ago when I finally caved and tried it with my husband. As much as I would love a book in my hand next to the water, there is something calming about fishing that I just love! I don’t go nearly often enough!
- Shalini @ Shalini’s Books & Reviews
- Katt @ Katt’s Book Corner
- Denise @ Bookworm At The Gym
- Tina @ Reading Between The Pages
- Inge @ The Belgian Reviewer
- Kristi @ Confessions Of A YA Reader
- Kelly @ Love Books Group
- Jill @ Jill’s Book Blog
- Ms. Victorious @ Victorious Pages
- Amy @ Novel Gossip
(If you’re not tagged and want to participate, consider yourself nominated! No pressure on anyone to participate if you don’t want to. I just went through and tagged 10 of my favorite blogs I’m following!)
Questions I’m Asking
- What is the last book you purchased?
- If you go anywhere in the world, where you you chose to go and why?
- If you could change the ending to any book you have read, which book would it be and how would you end it differently?
- Which book do you wish would be made into a movie/tv show that hasn’t?
- [weird question] If you were the President/Leader of your country, what color socks would you wear?
- One of my favorite posts is the review I did for Book Review: Between Hello & Goodbye. This book was such an emotional read for me which takes place in York Beach, Maine (my favorite place in the world). Sometimes books fall into our laps at the right time to read and this was one of them. This is the most heartfelt review I have ever written (and most successful).
- My Summer Reading Stack was a fun Top Tuesday post. I have read 2 of these books so far. I truly believe I will finish most of these by the time September rolls around…*fingers crossed*
- Blind Date With A Book was a fun one because I finally had the opportunity to participate in one. It was soooo exciting to pick out some books with just the description (and terrifying). Thankfully they both look like great books. I got them off a reading group on Facebook so if you’re interested let me know and I can get you a link to join the group!
Thanks again to Literary Elephant for the tag! I’m going to steal her concluding message so here it is…I really enjoy the tags/awards that look different every time you see them; there’s so much room for creativity here. If you haven’t tried it yet, now is your chance! And even if you have, this is a great post to repeat with different questions and answers. Happy blogging, all!