Thank you to The Literary Elephant for tagging me for the Liebster Award!! I always find posts like this fun and lets us get to know each other better!!
Post info from The Global Aussie:
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. It’s really an arbitrary number. If you like helping other blogs out go ahead and do it regardless of its size. If you are returning, the submission for the award can be found here. ”
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
My Answers To Emily’s (The Literary Elephant) Questions
- What’s a book you LOVED but have never reread? Are you sitting down for this? I have never reread a book. What I love most about reading is the surprise that comes with the end of the book…I hate rewatching movies too (except a select few). My mantra is if I know what happens, what’s the point in it?
- Is there a genre (or subgenre) you tried recently and realized you’ve been missing out on and/or should read more often? I recently just read a fantasy young adult book (review coming Tuesday) and it is a genre I’ve never read before, but I LOVED it!!! I really got in to the story! I’ve always stayed away from fantasy but after this book, I’ll be checking out more books from this genre!
- How often do you visit your local library? Weekly. I have been having my kids read semi-nightly and they enjoy it as long as they have a fresh stack of books to choose from. I’ve really been into my library’s ebooks too so if you count that, more than once a week!
- What are your most and least favorite things (one each) about where you live? I’m in a tourist town! I love it because everyone wants to visit and you can always find something fun to do. I hate it because all the good stuff is overpriced and in the high tourist areas that no local wants to venture too, haha. At least unlike other tourist towns I can go about my regular day and not be affected by tourists…another plus!!
- Is there a book you want to read eventually, just to say you’ve read it? War and Peace…I feel like I would be bored out of my mind, but I could say I read it!!
- What’s the best weather for an afternoon of reading? I love reading outside so a cloudy/partly cloudy day in the low 80s-mid 70s.
- What book are you most anticipating with a far out publication date (or no date announced yet)? What Happens In Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand…ok, so the release date is close by…October, but I have been waiting a YEAR for this. I am also waiting for the third book in this series to be released, hopefully, in fall of 2020. I should never have read that first book in the series so soon after its release hahahaha.
- Buddy reads or readathons, and why? I love reading books with friends because then I have someone to talk about the book with!! That makes it so much more fun!
- If you had to write/blog under a pseudonym, what would you pick? Interesting question!! I’m stumped! I would probably use my initials and come up with a snazzy last name, but then I’d feel like I was too much like D.M. Pulley (my initials are D.M. haha). Maybe I’d go with Renee, the name I picked for myself in French class!
- Would you feel satisfied or disappointed to actually reach the end of your TBR? Heaven’s gates would open and the angels would sing!!!!
- Pet pictures! Or a picture of your favorite real-life creature from anywhere in the world.My Charlie. We’ve had him for 13 years now, rescued from the pound. He’s our grumpy old man. I don’t have a picture sans children with our other dog, he’s too wild for a still solo shot, haha. So this is what you’ll get!
- Sam @ Literary Critique
- Darinda @ Nightcap Books
- Kris @ The Book Nook
- Melanie @ Melanie’s Reads
- Denise @ bookworm at the gym
(If you’ve already done this award tag or don’t like the questions, no pressure! On the other hand, if you’re not tagged but do like the questions, feel free to participate! Be sure to link back so I can see your answers! 🙂 I picked the blogs I follow that I love that have the fewest number of followers, so if you don’t see yourself listed, don’t fret, it just means you have quite a few followers already, I want to spread the word about these 5 that deserve just as many follows!!!!)
My Questions to you:
- What’s a book you own that you will never lend out/get rid of?
- What is your earliest memory you have that revolves around reading?
- Where is your favorite place you’ve vacationed? Show us a picture!
- Reading challenges: yay or nay.
- If you could meet any author who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite way/place to read?
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
- If you could travel and visit the setting of any book, which book would you choose and why?
- Share a recipe! What is one of your favorite meals to cook?
That wraps up my Liebster Award. I hope some of you will participate and I hope you like the questions I asked! Feel free to even answer these if you’re reading in the comments too, I love to know more about you all! HAPPY SUNDAY!